Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beginnings & Ends

I admit it. I'm one of those people who couldn't wait for the last Harry Potter movie, and yet, the second it was over, I was sobbing, wishing I'd waited a little while longer to see it so that I still had that "final" experience to look forward to. I was thrilled to read the final book and devoured every word of it, but the movie. . .well it was the last Harry Potter related thing to look forward to, and my daughter and I grieved together. Lord of the Rings didn't make me cry (much) but I had the same feeling of glee, then regret, after it watching. The finale of Friends? Yep.

This month I'm facing a similar finale as Kyana and Ryker's story comes to an end with the release of Chosen. It was pretty cool, closing their story after three books, but watching them hit stores for their finale on the 28th is going be a little sad, too! Even though it's fulfilling to watch their story complete, and it's exciting to be back into a new world, pounding away at the keys, there's a part of me that doesn't want to let them go.

So to make me feel better, I'm going to give away a signed copy! Post a comment and let me know what, if any, series, book, television show, movies, whatever, that you've loved and were saddened to see go. I'll pick a winner tomorrow (16th) and you can choose which book in Kyana's series you'd like sent to you. It's that easy.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sable

13 comments:

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

I love the Dark Breed series and am beyond sad that it was only a trilogy but what a great ride it's been. As far as series go the TV show I was most saddened to see go was Dark Angel. I loved that show so much and it had a lot of potential but like a lot of other great shows *cough* Firefly *cough* FOX didn't give it a chance. It didn't even get a proper ending. There are too many book series that have ended before I wanted them to but it's better to go out with a bang, huh? Thanks for the opportunity and for sharing Kyana and Ryker's world with us.

xmelaniexthomasx(at)aim(dot)com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Melanie! That means a lot.
How could I have left Firefly off the list??? What an oversight. Loved loved loved that show. Never got a chance to see Dark Angel but I heard it was really good. Might have to catch it on steaming!

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Hi! I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love have a fellow book lover as a follower. Christine x

SandyG265 said...

I was sad when MASH went off the air.

Unknown said...

MASH was another good one!

angel said...

I reall miss the Dark Angel series. It was only on for two seasons. It was the only show my whole family agreed to watch.

angelbiker82@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I remember back to The Adventures of Brisco County Jr which is the first steampunk series on TV. I loved that as a kid. (I was incensed that FOX kept X-Files instead)

cgnemesis [at] yahoo [dot] com

yvette said...

I bawled when the show 'Touched By An Angel Stopped.' I used to watch it with my mom all the time.

Chelsea B. said...

The Closer just ended and ugh, I almost cried! And chuck! *sob* And Greek! *wipes tears* And we'll never know what happened on The Nine Lives of Chloe King OR Ringer! *Sighs* Oh the woes of caring about fictional characters... ;-)

justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

bn100 said...

I liked Buffy.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Barbara E. said...

Congrats on the release of Chosen, I'm looking forward to reading it.
I was so sorry to see Firefly go, as well as the more recent Jericho. In book series, I was sad to see Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series end, but at least the conclusion was satisfying and I get to see her occasionally in the new spin off Dark Angels series.

Barbed1951 at aol dot com